Our Service To You
Type of Companion:
*All animals are obtained from shelters, rescues, and humane societies
Companion Rescue/Shelter Dogs and Cats: C4H connects these last-chance pets with active duty military, military veterans, first-responders, and their families that are forever transformed by the unconditional love and friendship that only a companion pet can provide. Companion animals are not granted public access.
Emotional Support Animal (ESA)- is a companion animal that provides therapeutic benefit, such as alleviating or mitigating some symptoms of the disability, to an individual with a mental or psychiatric disability. Emotional support animals are typically dogs and cats, but may include other animals. In order to be prescribed an emotional support animal by a physician or other medical professional, the person seeking such an animal must have a verifiable disability. To be afforded protection under United States federal law, a person must meet the federal definition of disability and must have a note from a physician or other medical professional stating that the person has that disability and that the emotional support animal provides a benefit for the individual with the disability. Companions for Heroes offers a program that can assist heroes in training their own ESA.
- Active Duty Military, Reserve, and National Guard
- Military Veterans (Honorable or Other Than Honorable Discharge)
- First-Responders (Retired and Active)
- Immediate Family Members (Spouses and Children)
C4H Adoption Program provides:
- Cost-free adoption of a loving companion animal from a shelter or rescue organization by full reimbursement of the adoption fee
- Free training assistance from one of the organization’s trainers (when needed)
If you are Active Duty Military, Reserve, National Guard, Military Veteran, or First-Responder and require additional services that C4H does not provide, please visit the National Resource Directory.